Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine - product monograph
- Individuals 18 years of age and older
- 0.5 ml single dose given IM (preferably deltoid)
- Note: There are no data available on the use of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine to complete a
vaccination series initiated with another COVID-19 Vaccine.
Only short to medium term data are available at this time. Most adverse reactions occurred within 2 days following vaccination, were mild to moderate in severity, and of short duration (2 to 3 days). Surveillance will continue for long-term adverse effects.
The most commonly reported adverse effects included:
- injection site pain
- There are no known drug interactions.
- Under 18 years of age
- The Janssen Covid-19 vaccine is approved for use in persons 18 years of age and older.
- Previous severe allergic reaction after a dose of any other ‘adenovirus-based vaccine’
- Reported hypersensitivity to one of the ingredients. See product monograph for ingredients.
- Other information will be added as it becomes available from NACI.
- Currently feeling unwell with symptoms that could be COVID-19.
- to avoid confusion if symptoms arise/worsen as they could be adverse effects of the vaccine or because of the underlying infection
- to prevent potential transmission to others who are at the vaccine clinic/site (clients should be following public health quarantine recommendations)
Other information will be added as it becomes available from NACI.
- Clients with current infection should not present for vaccination to prevent transmission to others at the vaccination clinic/site and should follow public health quarantine recommendations.
- If acute symptoms have resolved and all quarantine orders have been followed, the client can be vaccinated.
- However, the recommendation is for clients to wait 3 months to take advantage of the client's natural immunity and to leave the current supply of vaccine for others without immunity.
- There is no information on the use of Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine with other vaccines at this time.
- Information will be updated based on NACI recommendations.